2016 ROCKET CITY FRC REGIONAL
U.S. Space & Rocket Center Scavenger Hunt
You are in one of the best space museums in the world! Many of the space artifacts around you are the actual ones that got us to the Moon and back and that expanded our knowledge of the universe. It was Dr. Wernher von Braun’s idea to put these artifacts on display so that Americans could get up close to them and feel like a part of the space program’s amazing developments and accomplishments. We hope you will enjoy getting to know our space heritage better through this Scavenger Hunt.
Prizes will be presented to the winners at the Rocket City Regional on Saturday:
- Drone (first place)
- RC tank (second place)
- Selfie stick (third place)
- Lowe’s gift cards (drawing from all completed entries)
- Using the clues below, find the 10 artifacts and displays in the museum.
- Take a selfie!
- Share the picture on Instagram and/or Twitter using #RocketCityScavenger and #GrissomRobotics.
- Bring your selfies to the Scavenger Hunt table to win a prize!
- Someone carried me more than 239,000 miles to get me here. I’m all about ROCK and Roll.
- Astronauts walked on me when boarding the crew module on top of the Saturn V.
- I bet your robot can’t do this, but just watch what these robots can do!
Hint: Someday, the FRC field will be a little wet. Next year, maybe?
- I’m going to take American astronauts to Mars! Ok, fine, I’m just a display but they’re working on the actual me at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
- If you take a selfie here you can claim you were onboard first American Space Station.
- I took the coolest pictures of the universe—you should take a selfie with me.
- If you made the history of the cosmos into a calendar, what would today look like? Take a selfie with today and show us!
- When you’re in this man’s historic office, you can imagine him saying “Machen Ein Selfie.”
Hint: Former center director of Marshall Space Flight Center.
- I was in Space for an entire year, who doesn’t want to take a selfie with me?
Hint: 340 days ≈ 1 year
- Just out of CURIOSITY, is there life on Mars?